Languages and Systems (MODELS 2020) was organized between October 16-23. MODELS is the most prestigious scientific venue of model-based software and systems engineering, which welcomes attendees with diverse backgrounds including researchers, academics, engineers and industrial professionals.
Attendees of MODELS 2020 present cutting-edge research results and innovative practical experiences related to modeling and model-driven software and systems engineering.
This year’s edition had a special focus on innovative applications of modeling in emerging application areas such as cyber-physical systems, embedded systems, socio-technical systems, cloud computing, big data, machine learning, security, open source, and sustainability.
Our colleagues gave presentations and workshops about various topics during MODELS 2020. Most of them are available on demand by clicking on the links.
- Benedek Horváth (Researcher, IncQuery Labs), Ákos Horváth (CTO/ COO, IncQuery Labs) and Manuel Wimmer (Univ.-Prof. Mag. Dr. at JKU University) had a talk at the LowCode workshop about Towards the Next Generation of Reactive Model Transformations on Low-Code Platforms: Three Research Lines on the 19th of October.
- 1st OpenMBEE Workshop at MoDELS conference, Benedek Horváth (Researcher, IncQuery Labs), has presented the paper, Model Checking as a Service: Towards Pragmatic Hidden Formal Methods (co-authors: Bence Graics, Ákos Hajdu, Zoltán Micskei, Vince Molnár, István Ráth, Luigi Andolfato, Ivan Gomes, and Robert Karban on the 19th of October.
- Dániel Varró (Co-founder of IncQuery Labs) gave a keynote talk about The Automated Model Generation Challenge for the Assurance of Cyber-Physical System on the 19th of October.
- Model checking and validation with OpenMBEE and the IncQuery Suite was presented by István Ráth (CEO, IncQuery Labs) as an invited talk at the MODELS 2020 Industry Days on the 20th of October.
- Dániel Varró (Co-founder of IncQuery Labs) also co-authored three papers presented at the MODELS 2020 conference, on Automated Video Game World Map Synthesis by Model-Based Techniques, Automated Generation of Consistent Models with Structural and Attribute Constraints, Mixed-semantics Composition of Statechartsfor the Component-based Design of Reactive Systems on the 21st and 22nd of October.
- Our researchers and past university colleagues from the Budapest University of Technology and Economics won the 10-year Most Influential Paper (MIP) Award of the MODELS 2020 Conference with the research article “Incremental Evaluation of Model Queries over EMF Models” authored by István Ráth (CEO, IncQuery Labs), Ákos Horváth (CTO/ COO, IncQuery Labs), Dániel Varró (Co-founder of IncQuery Labs), Gábor Bergmann (Research Expert of IncQuery Labs), András Balogh (ex-BME, thyssenkrupp Components Technology Hungary Kft), Zoltán Balogh (ex-BME) and András Ökrös (ex-BME, Escape Company Gmbh). Based on the paper we also gave a talk about the influence of the research on the 23rd of October.